Friday, March 20, 2009

Reflection

On Wednesday... maybe Tuesday of this coming up week I am going to use technology in the classroom. I am going to use Standard 1: Students will develop a sense of self. Objective 3: Students will develop and use skills to communicate ideas, information, and feelings. Indicator a: Students will recognize and express feeling in a variety of ways (e.g., draw, paint, tell stories, dance, sing).

I am planning on doing my project so that the children will have a class song for their 1st Grade Class. I have collaborated with the kids to get ideas of what they want in their song and I am writing their song this weekend. Then next week I will teach them their First Grade Song and we will then record the song on the teacher's lap top on the computer program "Garage Band," which I hope it is on their... she has a MAC. The children have "Favorite Folders" which they sing every week and each child will get a copy of their First Grade Class Song and be able to have with them when they live.

I will also try to use my Electric Acoustic Guitar and Amp so that the children can hear the chord changes more clearly.

The students will be able because they gave me the words (that I am just organizing their words) to communicate through a song what they told me about their First Grade experience which meets the standards and objectives. The teacher uses her lap top to play songs like the "Chicken Dance" and things... well now she will have one more song to add on her collection which is about her and her students.

No comments:

Post a Comment